As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
In reality, Shakeology drinks do taste great when prepared well. But similar to a nutritional supplement like whey, it usually comes in powder form. So, you’ll need to have the best blender for Shakeology shake you’re making to come out smooth with no lumps.
In a Shakeology diet, you’re also not limited to only the classic mix of water, juice, or milk. You can also throw it into a mixture of fruits to make a smoothie or add peanut butter for easy healthy ice cream.
And, well, in all these kinds of flavor combos, a blender is always the key to creating a smooth, drinkable drink. But then, different blenders usually have different features and capabilities, which decide the quality of blend you’ll have at the end of the day.
What’s the Best Blender for Shakeology?
As I’ve just mentioned, different blenders usually bring you varying features and capabilities. Some can only make you nice blends with soft fruits, while others even handle ice pretty well when you want a creamier taste.
In our case, the Vitamix 5200 is the overall best blender for Shakeology shakes and smoothies on my listing. However, you could also check out the Nutribullet 600 for single blending or Ninja BL660 for a great deal.
- My Favorite Pick: Vitamix 5200 Classic Countertop Blender
Features a high-power 2.0-peak HP motor, ten variable speeds, all-meta drive gear, hardened stainless steel blades, 64-ounce narrow jar, & hot blending
- Best of Single Blending: Nutribullet 600 (NBR-0601) Personal Blender
Has a compact design, 600-wat motor, 24-ounce blending cup with to-go lid, pulse/ continuous blending mode, and tough extractor blades
- Best of Deal: Ninja BL660 Single-Serve Countertop Blender
Comes with an 1100-watt motor, 72-ounce pitcher, 16-ounce blending cups, total crushing blade system, three precision speeds, pulse function, and single-serve blending button
What Makes a Blender Good for Shakeology Shakes?
Basically, a Shakeology is a dietary supplement comprising a “precise combination of ingredients” that your body needs. The said ingredients include compounds such as proteins, antioxidants, probiotics, fiber, digestive enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.
So, a Shakeology diet is an excellent option if you love the idea of keeping fit but don’t have the time to source quality food ingredients. It’s more of the meal plans we were talking about the other day while reviewing blenders for daily harvest frozen smoothies.
But in this case, the “meal kits” have your favorite nutritional flavors in powder form. So, most of the blenders should be able to make a classic shake with only the liquid.
The only difference will be when you want your shake or smoothie with a combo of frozen stuff or fruits like berries. And in that case, any great blender for Shakeology should have:
- Adequate Power output: indeed, the motor must be powerful enough if you plan on blending your Shakeology smoothies with ice and frozen foods
- Strong blending blades: similarly, the blades of your blender must be able to handle Shakeology recipes with ice and frozen foods without shuttering.
- Good Vortex pull: Your blender must also be able to mix up your Shakeology diets, especially shakes without leaving lumps. Thus, a good blending vortex is crucial.
- Enough blending capacity: this will be to ensure you can blend a Shakeology shake or smoothie for all the drinkers quickly
- Overall well-made design: do you mind buying a blender after every six months? If not, look for a blender with components that will serve you longer even after blending tough ingredients like ice and frozen fruits.
Comparing Features, Pros, & Cons of the Best Blender for Shakeology
|Motor Power Output
|Dimensions (in inches)
|Vitamix 5200 Classic Countertop Blender
|7.2 by 8.7 by 20.5
|Nutribullet 600 (NBR-0601) Personal Blender
|5.2 by 5.2 by 14.5
|Ninja BL660 Single-Serve Countertop Blender
|16/ 72 Ounces
|9.2 by 12.0 by 17.5
|Blendtec Classic 575 Preprogrammed Blender
|8.0 by 7.1 by 15.0
|Oster Pro 1200 Glass Jar Combo Blender
|48/ 24 Ounces
|7.3 by 8.0 by 14.3
|Ninja BL480D Auto-iQ Personal Blender
|18/ 24 Ounces
|6.0 by 6.0 by 15.5
1. My Favorite Pick: Vitamix 5200 Classic Countertop Blender
[amazon box="B008H4SLV6" template="horizontal"]
As mentioned earlier, the Vitamix 5200 is the overall best blender for Shakeology smoothies on my list. Of course, you might need to break your piggy bank, but it will be all worthwhile. Why is that?
The blender has a well-made design, featuring a true high-speed motor that blends by pummeling through the ingredients. Then, the drive gear system connecting this motor to the blending jar is all metal that won’t disintegrate like the plastic ones.
Furthermore, the Vitamix blender has up to ten different blending speeds to ensure optimal precision on all your recipes. And in case you want to work on some delicate recipes, you only need to toggle the “High/ Variable” switch for pulse blending.
Still, Vitamix designed the model 5200 with a tall, slender blender. So, you can make medium to large amounts of Shakeology shakes and smoothies without splattering issues.
- It delivers super-smooth blends
- Easy to operate for even seniors
- Can blend medium to large batches
- Handles ice and frozen foods with ease
- Can use a tamper while the motor’s still running
- You can also add ingredients while still blending
- It’s very expensive
- Doesn’t fit in most cabinets
- It has no bottom suction cups
2. Best of Single Blending: Nutribullet 600 (NBR-0601) Personal Blender
- The original nutribullet has everything you need to take that first step toward a healthier...
- NUTRITION IN NO TIME: Effortlessly blend fruits, vegetables, liquids and so much more into...
Do you need a blender for blending small amounts? The Nutribullet 600 is one of the bestsellers in the category, with more than 30,000 reviews on Amazon (only). And while the low pricing has a lot to chip in for its pre-eminence, the performance is also something to admire.
The blender has a 600-watt motor that no doubt isn’t the strongest. But can still blend your Shakeology diet with fresh fruits into a smooth, drinkable smoothie and shakes. You can even include a few mini ice cubes or frozen fruits to chill your drink, especially during hot weather.
As for the question of the blending capacity, Nutribullet delivers the 600-blender with a single 24-ounce cup. But it’s also compatible with the 18-ounce cup, albeit you’ll have to purchase it separately.
- It’s so affordable
- Has a decent, drinkable smoothie
- Straightforward to operate and clean
- Features a compact, easy to carry profile
- Requires a small space to use and store
- It supports both pulse and continuous blending
- It has a plastic drive gear system
- Tends to struggle with large ice cubes
- The motor has only one blending speed
3. Best of Deal: Ninja BL660 Single-Serve Countertop Blender
- ULTIMATE POWER: 1100-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow...
- VERSITILE FUNCTIONS: Professional performance with 3 manual speeds, pulse, and the single serve...
Indeed, the Ninja BL660 is my recommendation if you’re looking for the best deal on a blender for Shakeology. Of course, I’m not very happy with the plastic drive gear system, but the appliance has many other features to love.
For instance, the blender assumes a combo design compatible with the 16-ounce and 72-ounce blending containers. Thus, allowing you to make single and large batches of Shakeology smoothies without a compromise.
The Ninja blender also has the iconic Total Crushing technology, with razor-sharp blades. So, you can blend your Shakeology diet with frozen fruits and ice without leaving behind any chunks.
Furthermore, the blending machine has easy-to-use one-touch buttons, including for blending speeds and pulsing mode. So, you can work around different textures with better control and precision.
- It has a friendly budget
- Easy to start and operate
- Chops fresh and frozen stuff well
- Can make single and large smoothies
- Has bottom suction cups for steady blending
- It can fit under the standard 18-inch cabinet
- It has many plastic components
- Notoriously loud when blending
- The blades can easily cause lacerations
4. Best of Design: Blendtec Classic 575 Preprogrammed Blender
- Elevate Your Blending Experience: High quality blender for smoothies, shakes, cocktail drinks,...
- No Chopping Prep: Save time and never need to chop, slice or dice in advance of blending. Blender...
Blendtec is one of the best brands if you’re looking for a blender with trendy features. In fact, it’s the only company I know to have all machines with preprogrammed settings for walkaway blending.
For instance, our Classic 575 has a blending cycle to make Shakeology smoothies. And if you wanted your mixture to run longer, perhaps when using frozen fruits, you can opt for the 60-second or 90-second blending cycles.
The blender does have a tiny display that counts up and down to ensure optimal precision even while blending manually. Then, the said manual blending gives you up to five different speeds and pulse functions to play with during different textures.
In addition to that, the Blendtec blender has a wide 96-ounce blending jar. But as highlighted in the chart above, the calibrations only go up to the 36-ounce mark.
- It has a well-made, durable design
- Delivers smooth blends & fast
- Straightforward and fun to operate
- Handles ice and frozen fruits with ease
- Easy to add ingredients while still blending
- You can multitask without messing up your recipes
- It’s relatively expensive
- Very loud when blending
- It’s tricky to blend small amounts
5. Best of Glass Blender: Oster Pro 1200 Glass Jar Combo Blender
- The Oster pro 1200 blender plus food processor starts with 1200 powerful watts, and lets you use the...
- Blender and food chopper feature smart settings technology and 7 speeds, including 3 pre programmed...
At only a hundred bucks, this blender is another great deal as it comes with the blending containers and also the food processor attachment. The main blending jar is a tough Boroclass glass, which makes the blender a great choice if you want to keep your kitchen plastic-free.
The blending jar also has tough stainless steel blades with the proprietary dual direction technology (for forward and reverse blending). Thus, ensuring easier blending and less risk of the motor bogging down when food gets stuck.
Speaking of blending, the blender has manual controls with a pulsing function and three precision speeds. Then, you’ll also have a blending cycle for smoothies, salsa/ food chopping, and milkshakes.
- It’s a reasonable pricing
- Has a tough glass blending jar
- Handles food processes with precision
- Fits under most cabinets without a hassle
- Can blend single and full-size smoothies well
- It’s so easy to clean, including around the blade area
- It’s pretty vague instructions
- A bit hard to find replacement parts
- It lacks suction cups to keep it steady on the counter
6. Best of Alternative: Ninja BL480D Auto-iQ Personal Blender
- MORE POWER: 1000-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow in...
- AUTO-IQ TECHNOLOGY: take the guesswork out of drink making with intelligent programs that combine...
Last on the list is another personal blender if you need something to be blending single Shakeology smoothies. It’s about twenty bucks more expensive than the Nutribullet 600, but also has a few extra perks to enhance your blending experience.
For example, the compact blender packs a more powerful motor, which means it can handle tougher tasks more comfortably. And there’s a tiny control panel with physical buttons for pulse function, plus two blending cycles.
Even better, Ninja sends the blender with its iconic razor-sharp, upright blades system. So, you’ll notice it handles Shakeology mixtures with ice or frozen fruits faster than the Nutribullet.
- It has a reasonable pricing
- Simple to use and clean
- Has a built-in digital timer
- Requires less space to use or store
- Handles fresh and frozen mixtures well
- It has suction cups for steady blending
- It has many plastic parts
- Very loud while blending
- It has no slow blending speed
Are Shakeology shakes good for you?
Yes, indeed, the Shakeology shakes are great for your health management if you don’t have time to go to the grocery store. Each diet formula comprises high-quality ingredients to supplement your body with the necessary phytonutrients, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Can you freeze Shakeology shakes?
Similar to protein shakes, you can also freeze your Shakeology drinks for later use. But to make sure you still benefit from all the intended nutrients, don’t let your shake sit in the freezer for more than two days. Also, don’t microwave your Shakeology shake as it will destroy many of the nutrients your body needs.
Can I have 2 Shakeology shakes a day?
Yes, indeed you can have two Shakeology shakes in a day- perhaps one in the breakfast and then the other as a snack after work or school. Two Shakeology shakes a day is also an excellent meal replacement idea if you’re trying to lose weight.
Can you mix Shakeology with hot water?
AS I’ve just said, microwaving or any other form of heating your shake will destroy many of the available nutrients. So, while you can, don’t mix your Shakeology flavor with hot water as it will defeat its purpose.
How do you make Shakeology shakes?
In general, making a Shakeology shake isn’t something you need a special recipe. It’s as simple as adding your preferred liquid (juice, milk, or water) and a scoop/ packet of Shakeology into the blender jar. Then, blend on high until smooth.
My Favorite Picks
Well, a Shakeology dietary plan is an excellent idea if you have a hard time visiting the farmer’s market or grocery store. The supplement you get consists of a unique blend of proteins, fiber, probiotics, antioxidants, plus other vitamins and minerals.
As for the question of the best blender for Shakeology, the Vitamix 5200 is still my favorite pick from its durable design and velvety blends. But you could also check out the Ninja BL660 if you have a smaller budget and won’t mind the plastic drive gear or the slight gritty taste in your smoothies with fruits.