As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
As we all know, a blender is the most versatile appliance in a home kitchen. We also know Vitamix is the best hot and cold blender in the market, right? Wrong… True, you can use that Vitamix E320 or any other model from the brand to make hot soups and cold desserts. But that’s not the kind of a hot and cold blender in 2024 we’re talking about here.
A “hot and cold blender” is a specialty blender that brings together a high-speed blending blade and a heating element into one appliance. So, unlike the usual blender for juicing and smoothies, you can also warm/ cook soups or sauces instantly.
As we shall see later in the article, some hot and cold blenders can even keep your food warm for several hours after hot blending. So, it could be a great addition if you’re always in a rush with time due to work and home chores.
What’s The Best Hot and Cold Blender in 2024?
Technically, you’ll come across many brands of hot and cold blenders or those that claim to be one. So, I’d highly suggest you first assess your situation, whereby you determine aspects like budget and the important blender features before you can make the final buying decision.
But, anyway, here are a few selections that can help you choose the best Hot and Cold blender for your kitchen.
Editor’s Choice: Instant Pot [140-1003-01] Ace Nova Hot and Cold Blender Features: 1000 watts blender power output, 10 incremental blending speeds, heating element, glass jar, and keeps food warm up to 2 hours
Best of Value: Ninja Foodi [HB100] Hot and Cold Blender Features: 1400-Peak Watts blender Output, Glass Pitcher, precision heating element, 10 preset programs, and settable timer
Best of Budget: Amaste [MR-01 RED] Hot and Cold Countertop Blender Features: 1200 Watts blender Output, Sleek Touch control panel, Built-in timer, glass pitcher, 9 preset programs, and heating element
Best of Gift: Galanz Digital [GLCB60ES210A] Hot and Cold Blender Key Features: 1000 Watts blender output, 8 Preset Programs, Borosilicate glass jar, Neat touch controls, built-in timer, and heating element
Best of Alternatives: SCOZER [2000-Watt] Hot & Cold Smoothie Blender Key Features: 2000 Watts (advertised) blender output, 7 incremental speeds, Settable digital timer, Glass jar, built-in heating element, and Safety lid lock
Why is Vitamix Not a Hot and Cold Blender
Vitamix is one of the best luxury blenders to consider if you do heavy blending (regular and or blends frozen foods and dry seeds a lot). No other blender blends and pulverizes like it when it comes to making smoothies and cold desserts. The machine can even give you hot soups if you run the blades for the right time (5-6 minutes) at full throttle.
However, the Vitamix hot blending feature is based on the friction the blades create after spinning for a while. It doesn’t have a heating element or any other external cooking mechanism. So, it can only blend and bring your cold mixture to a steamy-hot temperature.
Meanwhile, a True hot and cold blender like Instapot Ace Plus consists of a blending motor and heating element. As such, it can blend and bring the mixture to boiling or whatever temperature the recipe at hand demands.
Most importantly, a hot and cold blender can prepare chunky or creamy warm soups since it’s relying on the heating element for the “cooking”.
Comparing the Features, Pros, and Cons of the Best Hot and Cold Blender
The following are summaries of the five hot and cold blenders that go beyond blending smoothies. They will help you understand the special abilities, as well as the main strengths and weaknesses of each.
|Hot and Cold Blender Brand
|Instant Pot [140-1003-01] Ace Nova
|Ninja Foodi [HB100]
|Amaste [MR-01 RED]
|Galanz Digital [GLCB60ES210A]
Instant Pot [140-1003-01] Ace Nova Hot and Cold Blender
[amazon box="B08J8JF724" template="horizontal"]
That’s right. The Instant Pot Ace Nova is the overall best blender for hot and cold liquids on the list for its perfect balance of features. First, it has a powerful motor that you can use to blend soft or frozen smoothies, puree, and ice creams with ease. Then, the heating element can generate a heat output of 800 watts, which you can use for cooking soups or making plant-based milk.
When it comes to controls, you can choose to prepare cold blends with either the preset programs or manual blending. The blender already has intuitive one-touch buttons, including those to ramp up/ down the blending speed. There’s also a built-in countdown timer to ensure precise and timely results without guesswork.
Even better, Instant Pot provides this blender with a heavy-duty glass jar that you can blend hot salsa without having to worry about BPA contamination. It also can keep your blend warm for a few hours after hot blending.
- It has a reasonable pricing
- So easy to set up and operate
- Supports walk-away blending
- Quick to make soy milk/ rice milk
- It can make soups of different consistencies
- It’s relatively heavy to lift/ carry
- You might find its noise irritating
- A bit annoying to clean the blending jar
2. Ninja Foodi [HB100] Hot and Cold Blender
- - This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned by Amazon-qualified...
- 1400-peak-watt motor base delivers total crushing and extraction for delicious smoothies,...
The Ninja Foodi’s another great blender that you can use for cold and hot blending. It combines its high blending with an integrated heating element. So, you can now crush your chopped vegetables and cook them into more flavorful sauces and soups.
At heart, this blender has up to ten preprogrammed settings that you can use to create cold smoothies or cocktails and cock soups with ease. It also has manual controls, with dedicated buttons to pulse and adjust the three blending speeds for your customized recipes.
All the functions, manual and presets, use physical one-touch buttons. It also has a built-in timer that counts down or up during automated and manual blending/ cooking.
Furthermore, the blender uses a tough glass pitcher for blending and cooking. So, you won’t need to worry about BPA or even BPF and BPS chemicals leeching into your food.
- It blends fast and well
- Easy to set up and operate
- Supports walk-away blending
- Help keep your kitchen plastic-free
- You can add ingredients when blending
- The container is tricky to clean
- It’s too big for most kitchen cabinets
3. Amaste [MR-01 RED] Hot and Cold Countertop Blender
- PROFESSIONAL MACHINE, SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE. Say goodbye to the mechanical buttons, the large touch...
- CRUSHING THE TOUGHEST INGREDIENTS IN SECONDS. With 8 stainless steel high-speed sharp blades, this...
At ninety-nine, the Amaste MR-01 RED is the best hot and cold blender for the budget. Despite the low pricing, it’s still powerful and versatile that you can use it to make almost any blend recipe you can think of.
If it’s a smoothie, juice, or icy drink, the built-in 1200-watt motor has more than enough power to handle it all. It even has four preprogrammed settings to perform the various cold blending functions, including soft and hard juicing.
Even better, the countertop blender has a built-in heating element if you’d like to melt chocolate or cheese into fondue. You could also use the feature to prepare hot recipes like soups, baby food, soy milk, and corn juice. The control panel even has the preset programs for them in case you’re trying to multitask.
- It’s very affordable
- Has a sleek, neat design
- Has a built-in settable timer
- Features capacitive touch buttons
- Supports manual and automated blending
- It’s not easy to clean
- The instructions are vague
- It doesn’t fit under most cupboards
4. Galanz Digital [GLCB60ES210A] Hot and Cold Blender
- HOT OR COLD COOKING BLENDER - Dedicated heating functions for cooking instead of simply heating from...
- DURABLE BOROSILICATE GLASS JAR - For use with large hot or cold blend batches, durable 60oz glass...
If you won’t mind paying a hundred and eighty bucks, the Galanz Digital blender has all those aspects for a good gift. First, it has a beautiful design, with a sleek digital display and capacitive touch controls. So, it’s easy to blend with other kitchenware in your smart kitchen.
Secondly, this blender can prepare cold blend recipes like smoothies, milkshakes, juice, frozen drinks, and ice cream. It also has dedicated heating functions for cooking soups, baby food, cheese fondue, or just warming liquids.
If your hot or cold recipe doesn’t fit either of the dedicated programs, this blender also does support manual settings. It even has a dedicated pulse and three different speed settings for optimal versatility.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that this hot and cold blender has a dedicated “Clean” cycle, just like the others on the list. However, the container isn’t dishwasher safe even though it has a glass construction.
- It features an elegant design
- Easy and quick to blend or cook
- Can use the tamper while blending
- You can fit under the standard cabinet
- Easy to track your recipe cooking time
- It’s a little bit expensive
- Can be annoying to clean the container
5. SCOZER [2000-Watt] Hot & Cold Smoothie Blender
- 🍇Variable Speed Control✅ : Blender and food chopper feature smart settings technology and 7...
- 🍈High-Performance Automated Blending✅ : 2000 watt motor professional blender with 6 hardened...
Last on the list is an alternative you can check out if either of the other four selections doesn’t work out for you. Of course, it’s the least famous of all, but it does have reasonable pricing and also has both cold and hot blending functions.
The manufacturer advertises the blender to have 2000-watt but the label on the machine says 950 Watts power output. It has up to seven adjustable blending speeds, plus supports both manual and automated blending to ensure maximum convenience.
More on that, the blender uses a glass jar, which is much better, compared to plastic, when blending hot ingredients. It also does come with a tamper to help you push the stubborn foods into the blades without having to stop the motor.
- It’s affordable
- Easy to start and operate
- Can blend different textures
- Has a built-in countdown timer
- Comes with multiple containers
- It’s huge and bulky
- Instructions aren’t the best
- Struggles on large ice blocks
Key Takeaway: 6 Features that Makes a Good Hot and Cold Blender
Here are six things that make a good hot and cold blender
- Powerful motor: this will help ensure the blades can pulverize all the foods completely and consistently
- Heating Element: ensures proper cooking/ warming of your blended mixtures
- Heat safe Pitcher: helps process the blends without contaminating with toxic chemicals. Hence the reason all the hot and cold blenders on the list have a glass pitcher
- Built-in timer: it’s not a must, but can help track the progress of your recipe. Thus, preventing the issue of overcooking or undercooking.
- Manual Controls: all hot and cold blenders have preprogrammed settings for various functions. However, do make sure manual controls are available as well for your personalized recipes.
- Variable speed setting: this will help ensure you can blend different materials and different textures without issues.
Common Related Questions
Can blenders blend hot liquids?
There are various types and brands of blenders in the market. Some like Vitamix and Breville can actually bring cold blends to a warm temperature. They can even blend hot liquids, but not at high temperatures as “specialty” hot and cold blenders that have a heating element.
What is the best blender to blend ice?
To be honest, Vitamix is the most sought-after brand for premium blenders. It has some of the best blenders to blend ice into a snowy texture for frozen desserts and cocktail drinks. If you have a little budget at hand, a Ninja blender is also great with ice and frozen fruits.
What is the best blender for smoothies and soups?
Again, Vitamix takes the five points for the best blender for smoothies and warm soups. However, if you need a blender that can prepare soups at boiling temperatures, you’ll need a dedicated hot and cold blender with a built-in heating element. Some of the examples include:
- Instant Pot [140-1003-01] Ace Nova
- Ninja Foodi [HB100]
- Amaste [MR-01 RED]
- Galanz Digital [GLCB60ES210A]
- SCOZER [2000-Watt]
Can you put hot liquid in a plastic blender?
Most of the top regular and luxury blenders like Vitamix or Blendtec use the Eastman Tritan plastic container. This type of container is not only more durable but also doesn’t leach BPA or any other toxic chemicals. So, you can even put hot liquid in the plastic blender without compromising the health benefits of your blend.
In truth, Vitamix, Blendtec, and Breville all have a blender that can prepare cold desserts and warm soups. However, these machines use the friction from the spinning blades to generate the heat. So, it can’t cook your soup to a boiling temperature as with a True hot and cold blender that relies on a heating element.
In the article, we’ve covered five different selections that you can use to pick the best hot and cold blender for you. The Instant Pot Ace Nova is my first recommendation for its perfect balance of pricing and performance. Then, Amaste MR-01 RED for its affordability and, of course, the sleek design.
Regardless, thank you for reading this far. Hopefully, the article has covered all the details and answers to your questions on hot and cold blending.