As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. Learn More
Do you like to make your own ice cream? What about a restaurant-style Irish coffee? If the answer is yes, owning the best hand blender for whipping cream can surely come in handy.
You no doubt can still achieve the desired peaks of whipped cream with a balloon whisk or even an eating fork. But a hand/ stick/ immersion blender, as with a mixer, can help speed things up.
The compactness of the little guy can be even handier than the traditional mixer in some situations. Say you’re in a hostel or on a road trip and your RV didn’t have enough space for many appliances.
In addition, there are also many things you can make with your immersion blender besides whipping and mixing stuff. Smoothies, salsa, soups, baby food, and chilled margaritas are just a few of these tasks.
What’s The Best Hand Blender for Whipping Cream?
After about 13 hours of extensive search and research, I’ve been able to sort out seven handheld blenders that you can efficiently whip cream. Each device has some unique attributes that I’ve also considered since we all have varying needs when shopping. And my top three favorites include:
- Best Overall: Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender
Features a 300-watt motor, variable speed slide, removable blending wand, whisk attachment, food processor bowl, & stainless steel body
- Best of Design: Braun 3-in-1 SmartSpeed Hand Blender
Features a 500-watt motor, smart speed control, flexible blending shaft, whisk attachment, food processor unit, & stainless steel body
Features an 800-watt motor, 12 variable operating speeds, dedicated “Turbo” button, whisk attachment, food processor bowl, & detachable blending wand
What Makes a Good Hand Blender for Whipping Cream?
Do you remember how we said you can whip egg whites in a blender to make cream? The process is pretty much the same when working with heavy cream to produce that ultra-luxurious soft or firm peak texture for your recipe.
It’s still a delicate task as over-whipping will break down your would-be homemade cream into a grainy and watery mixture. (The fats and liquids that make up the cream separate into butter and buttermilk).
In any case, five factors you should consider while choosing any good immersion/ hand blender for whipping cream include:
- A motor powerful enough to whip through the heavy cream without bogging down or smoking
- Adjustable speed settings to have the best control over your mixture. In particular, whipping cream should be done at a medium speed to avoid turning your content into butter
- Ergonomic handle that’s comfortable to grasp for easier maneuvering. So, it shouldn’t be too thick or rough
- A removable blending shaft for easier cleaning in the sink or dishwasher (if allowed). The design will also make it possible to use a whisk and food processor attachment (on the supported models).
- A well-made design, with a heavy-duty motor, body housing, and blade. The idea’s to make sure you can use the blender for a couple of years before needing to replace it.
1. My Favorite Pick: Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Versatile and durable, the Cuisinart 300-watt Smart Stick variable speed hand...
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: Comfort-grip handle with push-button for continuous action and variable speed...
The Cuisinart (CSB-179) is indeed the overall best hand blender for whipping cream, whether at home or on the go. Sure, the 300-watt motor is a bit less than some of the other options available. But at the price you pay and everything included, it’s worth every dollar.
For one, the blender unit comes with a bonus mixing beaker, plus whisk and food processor attachments. It even has a variable speed slide control with the option to adjust from low to high setting, Thus, you can make real whipped cream and numerous other recipes with the best precision.
Even better, the immersion blender has a press-release ON/ OFF button, which you could blend on either continuous or pulse mode. Then there’s an extra Lock/ Unlock button that some may argue is unnecessary, but it’s a nice touch where there are children.
- It has a reasonable pricing
- Has a solid, stainless steel build
- You can operate with the best control
- Easy to attach the blending shaft/ whisk
- The stick handle’s comfortable to grasp
- The food processor attachment is a bit flimsy
- It takes time to get used to using the “Lock” button
2. Best of Design: Braun 3-in-1 SmartSpeed Hand Blender
- SINGLE-HAND OPERATION: The world's first Easy SmartSpeed technology - no predefined speed settings,...
- FASTER, FINER RESULTS: The world's first ACTIVEBlade technology incorporates a flexible shaft that...
The Braun MQ7035 is a great pick if you need a hand blender that you can adjust the processing speed with one hand. It has a well-thought design, with exclusive SmartSpeed technology that controls the fastness by how strong you press the controller.
For instance, you just need to push the speed controller “gently” when whipping cream and “a little more” when pureeing solid foods.
Speaking of whipping, the hand blender does come with a whisk attachment that turns your appliances into a stick mixer. It also has a 2-cup food processor bowl for chopping or grinding tasks and a 20-oz beaker to make single smoothies.
Unlike most brands, Braun has also designed the blending wand (shaft) with a flexible design that moves the blade up and down. So, you get more cutting surfaces without having to move or maneuver the device a lot.
- It has a sleek, durable design
- Comfortable to grasp in one hand
- Straightforward to start & operate
- Can clean attachments in the sink or dishwasher
- It’s easy to switch between the blending shaft & whisk
- It’s a little confusing on the instructions
- The beaker & chopper have flimsy plastic
3. Best of Budget: Amazon Basic (MJ-BH5001W1) Hand Blender
- Hand-held immersion blender for mixing soups, sauces, smoothies, and more
- Offers better control when blending hot or cold liquids; reduces splattering and spillage
At $33 bucks, the Amazon Basic MJ-BH5001W1 certainly fits the bill if looking for a decent but budget hand blender for whipping cream. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with extra accessories like the other two above. But everything else is to be desired, starting right from the outside.
The body housing is solid stainless steel that you won’t need to worry about scratching or breaking any time soon. And at the core, we have a tiny but mighty 500-watt motor that you can efficiently do light to heavy tasks with ease.
For delicate tasks like whipping cream, the hand blender has a dial you can control the speed from low to high. It also has a one-hand operation design, with a slender and non-slip silicone handle that’s easy to grasp.
- It’s very affordable
- Feels very sturdy & durable
- Has a convenient safety button
- Straightforward to start & operate
- The blending shaft is easy to attach/ detach
- It might feel a little heavy in arthritic hands
- The lowest speed is a little fast for some tasks
4. Best Under $50: Hamilton Beach 3-Piece Handheld Immersion Blender
- VERSATILE & MULTIFUNCTIONAL: This versatile immersion hand blender blends, mixes, purees, whips and...
- BLEND IN THE POT: With this stick blender, you'll conveniently blend and puree foods right in your...
Hamilton Beach is best known for its affordability, and the hand blender here is no exception. At about forty bucks, the unit has a bonus food processor and whisk attachments. You can turn it into a stick mixer (with the whisk attached) to make your whipped cream more easily.
The blender has a 225-watt motor, which is fast and powerful enough. It also has two precision speeds to gain control over your mixtures.
Furthermore, the little guy is very easy to operate with a single hand, thanks to the slim and smooth handle. Then you can hook up the whisk attachment or blending wand on the motor unit in a matter of seconds.
- It has a reasonable pricing
- Blends mixtures fast & smoothly
- Straightforward to use (press speed button)
- It’s effortless to clean by hand or dishwasher
- The lowest speed is still too fast for some tasks
- It has plastic connectors that disintegrate over time
5. Best of Deal: KOIOS 4-in-1 Stainless Hand Immersion Blender
- 5 IN 1 Hand Blender – Our immersion blender handheld set Includes hand blender, egg whisk,...
- Powerful and Fast – KOIOS hand blender electric equipped with an enhanced upgraded 1000 Watt high...
The KOIOS HB-2056 is the overall bestselling hand blender on my list (with 10,000+ reviews on Amazon), and for a good reason. It’s not only affordable but also includes more than you may need. Why so?
First, the hand blender package comes alongside a food processor attachment, a mixing/ blending beaker, and a whisk unit. The whisk unit helps turn your machine into a hand mixer that will be much faster for whipping cream than the blending wand.
Secondly, the built-in motor is the fastest on the list (rated 800 watts) and also has the best control. It has a speed dial with up to twelve different settings, a dedicated “turbo” processing mode, and a press-release ON/ OFF button.
The press-release ON/OFF button is a nice touch as you can easily work on your mixtures in continuous or pulse mode.
- It features a friendly price tag
- Has a sleek, well-made design
- Processes ingredients fast & smoothly
- So easy to switch between attachments
- It’s effortless to clean (by hand or dishwasher)
- The instructions are pretty vague
- It has many plastic parts (durability questionable)
6. Best of Value: Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender
- Bell shaped base, revolutionary shape plus internal ribbing reduces the suction for greater control...
- Ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation
If you won’t mind putting down over a hundred bucks, the Breville BSB510XL Control Grip is a worthwhile buy. It has a sturdy stainless steel body housing and blending wand, plus titanium-coated blades for extra durability.
At the core, the stick blender houses a 280-watt motor that’s quite enough for whipping cream and most other kitchen tasks. It also has innovative speed control, where you press lightly for low-speed operations and a little harder for tougher choices
Furthermore, the device has a slender, smooth handle that you can comfortably grasp without straining or blistering your palm.
- It’s super-controllable
- Has a well-made, lasting design
- Very intuitive & effortless to operate
- Easy to attach/ detach the blending wand
- It’s effortless to clean (by hand or dishwasher)
- It’s a bit expensive to own
- It has pretty strong suction at the highest speed
7. Best Alternative: KitchenAid 5-in-1) Handheld Blender
- The Removable 8" Blending Arm with Fixed Blade locks into the motor body for easy operation. The...
- The soft grip handle offers a non-slip and comfortable grip when continuously blending ingredients
Although the last on the list, the KitchenAid 5-in-1 is another of the bestselling hand blender you can grab for whipping cream. I’m not going to lie the device is the most powerful- the motor rates about 215 watts. But it’s more than enough for whipping your heavy cream into either soft or firm peaks.
The motor even has three precision speeds that will give you optimal control over your mixtures. Then it comes with a whisk attachment that turns your machine into a stick mixer. Thus, you get to whip your cream with less hassle and faster.
- It has a sturdy construction
- Effortless to start & control
- Easy to attach/ detach attachments
- You can clean by hand or dishwasher
- The handle also has a soft, non-slip grip
- The beaker & food processor are pretty flimsy
- Attachments don’t lock onto the motor too firmly
Commonly Asked Questions
Can Hand Blender be used for whipping cream?
Yes, a hand blender can be used for whipping cream (in under four minutes, no less) with the regular blending wand. But the process will be a little more efficient if you have a hand blender like Cuisinart or Braun with a whisk attachment.
Is an immersion blender good for whipping cream?
An immersion blender is good for whipping cream into soft or firm peaks with either the blending part or whisk attachment. But the whisk attachment is usually much easier and gets the desired results faster.
Which blade is used for whipping in the hand blender?
As was just said, you can use either the blending wand blade or the whisk unit for whipping in the hand blender. But the whisk attachment turns your machine into a stick mixer, which is the dedicated tool for whipping tasks.
Why is my whipping cream not whipping?
One of the reasons a whipping cream might not be whipping to the desired peaks is if the mixture isn’t cold enough. So, make sure the cream, plus the container and attachments you’ll be using are all chilled: put them in the freezer for at least 15-30 minutes.
Be it a first or a replacement, either of the seven options can make a great hand blender for whipping cream at home or on the the-go. The perfect one for you now depends on your needs and individual preference. Hence, the reason I’ve opted to include a mini-review of each with the main features, advantages, and likely drawbacks.
The Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender is still my first recommendation for whipping your heavy cream. But as you pick it, be aware of the safety (lock) button that needs to be disengaged before starting any blending.