Have you ever tried a combo of iced coffee, chocolate, and orange flavor? No? In this post, I’m going to show you how to make Starbucks mocha Frappuccino chilled coffee drink, both the basic and deluxe recipes. My best bet is that you’re a caffeine person. So, you definitely have some coffee, milk, and sugar- everything we need, in the house.
Even so, you’ll come to notice these recipes are pretty close to the sweet caramel Frappuccino we were making the other day. In fact, one of the previous recipes had cold brew mocha whipped cream. But, I didn’t want to mention that as I was hoping to make another Mocha today while using fudge sauce.
About Mocha Frappuccino with Fudge Sauce
To be honest, all Starbucks iced coffee desserts are truly irresistible from the added whipped cream and all. And the best part of all, you necessarily don’t need to hit at the coffee shop every time you crave it. If you have a high-power blender like Vitamix E320 or any other strong blender for ice, the only remaining thing will be the ingredients.
Meanwhile, the Starbucks mocha Frappuccino coffee drink goes well with heavy fudge sauce, and for a good reason. The following are simple, cheap recipes on how you can prepare one while using basic ingredients from your cupboard.
How to Make Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Chilled Coffee Drink
Technically, mocha means a chocolate-flavored coffee drink. Starbucks Mocha frappe is a combination of four ingredients, blended with ice and topped with whipped cream. The four ingredients include brewed strong coffee, milk of choice, sugar of choice, and chocolate sauce/ syrup. The presence of the chocolate flavor is what makes the coffee drink mocha. So, it’s a crucial item in the mixture.
If by chance you don’t have any chocolate sauce, you could create some as we made a chocolate milkshake with cocoa powder. The recipe is straightforward and fast to make while using only milk, sugar, butter, plus cocoa powder. By the way, you can make more of the sauce as we’ll also drizzle a bit of it on top of the cream.
Recipe 1: Creating a Basic Mocha Frappuccino Chilled Coffee Drink
|Best As:||Lunch/ Early Evening Dessert|
|Total Time:||10 Minutes|
|Nutrition:||Sugar, Fat, Protein, Calcium, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium|
- ½ cup (about 115ml) strongly brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup (about 80ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (about 8.3g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (about 4 tablespoons) fudge sauce, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup (about 7 pieces) ice cubes
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Tools: a good blender
- In a blender, put milk, coffee, sugar, fudge sauce, and ice cubes
- Turn the machine on and puree the mixture for about 30 seconds, or until smooth
- Pour the homemade mocha Frappuccino into two glasses until it almost reaches the top
- Top off each drink with whipped cream or cool whip. Then, drizzle even more fudge sauce for extra deliciousness.
- Finally, grab a straw and enjoy!
- You can use espresso shots instead of brewed coffee for a bold-stronger caffeine
- You could use frozen coffee ice cubes to keep your blend thicker and the caffeine stronger
- You could incorporate Xanthan gum like Starbucks to keep the mocha frappe creamy and together for long
- You could alternate the ingredients for whole options to keep the calories low and health benefits higher.
- You could add a banana to make the texture even creamier!
Recipe 2: How to Make an Orange Mocha Frappuccino Coffee Drink
Like with most DIY recipes, you can customize your homemade Mocha Frappuccino drink however you like. And this time, I’m going to share with you an easy Orange Mocha Frappuccino recipe that you try this summer. Worry not, orange and chocolate also make a pretty tasty snack together.
- ¼ cup (about 57ml) strongly brewed coffee
- ½ cup (about 115ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (check recipe 3 below)
- 3 tablespoons orange syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 2 cups (about 12-14) ice cubes
- Whipped cream for topping
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Tools: Blender
- In a blender, add all the supplies while starting with the lightest at the bottom and the heavy ice on top
- Turn the machine on and blend everything at high speed until thick and smooth
- In a large glass, pour the orange mocha Frappuccino mix nearly the top
- Top with a big swirl of whipped cream (as usual), then decorate with chocolate shavings. If you don’t have shavings, you can drizzle more chocolate sauce or leave it be.
Recipe 3: Creating a Simple Syrup
Just as the name, Simple syrup is very easy, cheap, and fast to prepare. It usually consists of only two ingredients- sugar and water. So, you necessarily don’t need to run to the store or waste your ten bucks ordering.
What you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Tools: Saucepan and heat source
What to do:
- In a pan over medium heat, add the water and sugar
- Stir the mixture as you check if it’s dissolved
- Once the mixture is clear (no sugar particles), remove the pan from the heat and leave it to cool
- Finally, transfer the syrup into a jar or bottle (preferably glass). Then, refrigerate (last at least a month) to prevent getting moldy or ferment.
Recommended Product: A Good blender for ice and frozen foods
Best of Budget: Ninja BN701 Auto-iQ Professional Plus Blender
- 1400-peak-watt power
- 72-oz total crushing jar
- 3x speed setting
- 3x preprogrammed setting
- Dedicated pulsing button
- Sharp, 6-leaf Stacked blade
What I like most:
Although it was released just recently, this blender is currently one of the bestsellers in the market right now. Of course, I can’t lie to you that I have used it, but from the reviews I’ve read, the quality is top-notch considering its low price. It also has a sharp removable blade assembly that works in hand with the 1400-watt motor to pulverize your iced recipe smooth and thick.
Word of thought, though, this blender has a plastic metal drive system. So, it might not be the best idea if you’re a heavy user. However, it does come with a one-year limited warranty period.
Best of Value: Vitamix A2300 Smart Countertop Blender
- 2.2hp-peak power
- Built-in digital timer
- Dedicated pulse trigger
- 64-oz low-profile pitcher
- 10x incremental speed setting
- Inbuilt wireless connectivity
What l Like Most:
If you ask around, Vitamix is the best blenders brand, in particular, if you’re a heavy-duty user. Like its sisters and cousins, this Ascent model has a high-power motor and tough stainless steel blades that chew on your iced coffee formula without a hassle. The best part, the blender has a built-in wireless technology that allows you to blend with even the single-serve cups, plus a timer to help you achieve the right texture in every blend.
Even so, the Vitamix A2300 is relatively expensive. However, it comes with a 10-year warranty, which is worth it considering it covers even the components and shipping fees.
Although not everyone will agree, the idea to make your own Starbucks mocha Frappuccino coffee drinks is %100 worth it. Not only will you save all those silvers you would have spent at the coffeehouse, but also ensures the snack’s readily available any time you crave.
Furthermore, you can customize your mocha frappe in whichever manner you like once you’re familiar with the making process. If it’s your dieting day, you could even incorporate sugar-free and whole ingredients to keep the calories and health perks in check.
In any case, I hope you liked the two recipes. I can’t wait to hear your opinion and the other flavors you have in mind.